News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976/7 Eldorado Biarritz EFI Emblems

Started by George Woodford clc21025, October 22, 2005, 07:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Woodford clc21025

Where were the locations of the EFI emblems on the 1976/7 Eldorados.  My 1977 Eldorado Biarritz EFI doesnt have any on the car.  The car was produced in October 1976.  Another 1977 Eldorado Biarritz I saw recently had one on each front finder, one below the Biarritz script on the trunk lid, and one inside the car located below the steering column.  This car was produced in June 1977.  Another interesting fact is the breather cover does not have the gold cover, but is black.  There were 2000 Biarritz produced in for the 1977 model year.  I wonder how may had EFI? It is my understanding that all Eldorados produced in 1977 amounted to 8percent.  Any other figures anybody may have to share?

Dave Smith #17592

Hi George,

From what I have seen,  the 77 and 78 Eldorados had the EFI badge on the instrument cluster below the speedometer.  Perhpas to remind the owner NOT to pump the gas pedal?

I dont believe the Eldos had an "Electronic Fuel Injection" emblem on the front fenders until the downsized 79-80s.  

David

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

George,

Coincidentally, I contacted someone at ASC (formerly American Sunroof Corporation) last week to obtain production figures for the Biarritz and astroroof since Cadillac records are apparently not available.  He stated that the production records were no longer available, but estimated that 30percent got the astroroof and that 40-50 Biarritzes were produced a day.

Regarding fuel injection, I have never seen a 77 Eldorado with fuel injection.  I can only recall one rusted out 75 Eldorado coupe with it, plus a few dozen 75 and 76 convertibles with the option.  I would guess that less than 5percent of the 77 Eldorados had it, and probably closer to 1percent.  Most people were wary of the technology and heard of past problems that Chevrolet (57-65), Pontiac (57-58), and Chrysler Corp. (58) had on their earlier attempts with it.

Lars Kneller 8246

My experience has been that the 76 Eldos had one emblem on the right rear deck lid.  77s had a small emblem under the speedometer.  EFI was not available on the 78 Eldo.  I have never seen a 75 with EFI.  I have seen both black and gold air cleaner lids with the blue EFI around its circumference.