News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1961 Coupe on TLCs "Rides"

Started by Steve Cole #22466, November 01, 2005, 10:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Cole #22466

Kinda breaks my heart but theyre customizing a 1961 Coupe for ZZ Tops Billy Gibbons on the TLC show "Rides". Dont quite know what the end product is supposed to be but they talked about 4 bucket seats for the interior..

Repeat times seem to be 2-3am and 6-7pm Wednesday (Pacific).

Michael Stamps 19507

I watched the entire show and thought they did a very nice job. They showed that they knew Cadillacs and even did a fake stainless roof for the Brougham types.  Even the steering wheel was just a modified stock one.

Stampie

Steve Cole #22466

You know, I have to agree. I was horrified initially but in the end, it was a mild custom and pretty nice. The only thing I didnt quite like about it was the white highlight which ran down the center of the hood & trunk. It just seemed out of place to me...

Matt Mersereau

Ill have to try and catch the replay of it when I get home.

I guess this would be Cadzilla II.

Michael Stamps 19507

Cadzilla is shown but really they did a nice tastefull job on the 61.

Stampie

PS - I was waiting to turn the channel when they decided to throw a Chevy 350 in there.   I think they kept the stock 390.

Michael Stamps 19507

I agree but really they needed to break up the monochromic paint somehow.  The monochromic look went out with the AMG Mercedes in the late 80s.

Stampie

Michael Stamps 19507

As a side note ... I think you guys have influenced me too much.  This was the first time I saw Cadzilla and wasnt impressed.  I actually found myself perfering a stock fastback.

Stampie