News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

need photo of 1959-1960 brakes

Started by Joe Meneghin, November 05, 2005, 12:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Meneghin

Backed myself into a corner here.

My friend came over to help me late summer, and he dissasembled the brakes.  The bootleg manual I bought off ebay only has a small photocopied picture that I cant make out to well.  I need a large high quality .jpg file of the brakes with the drum off, but all hardware installed.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Joe,

I have just sent you some pictures of my 60 CDV brakes.   Hope they can show you what you want.

But, if you are actually after ones from a 59, they are different to the 60, as in 1960, Cadillac went to self-adjusting brakes.

Further, if you like, I can send you a description of the method for adjusting, as the Manual explains the process inh great detail, using feeler gauges through the drum slot, etc.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Joe Meneghin #22407

Thanks for the photos Bruce,  They will help alot.

My compressor pump blew up on sunday, as soon as the replacment pump arrives,  Ill get back to work.