News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Attn: Wm.Link! Talisman returns!

Started by Dave Smith #17592, November 07, 2005, 08:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Smith #17592

Hey Bill!

That Sammy Davis Jr. Talisman is back again, but with the dash plaque removed!!   He is also using the Private listing feature so that the bidders cannot be contacted and warned the he has been selling fraudulant vehicles.

wm link

Thankyou...and yes Ive seen it. It would not surprise me if the Sammy Davis Jr. bunk will come up verbally should anyone call him about the car...he just removed that portion of written text and plaque image ( Ill bet the plaque is still mounted in the console) from the ad. He is still running with the RECENT  Louis Vuitton top that was done, as he claims, when the car was "NEW". I did not contact any of the bidders before...I just ran my hoax Gleason car purchased from him along side his new Sammy Davis jr. ad with the true story. Sad but these people breath our air, and ARE CLAIMED MEMBERS OF THIS CLUB!

Dave Smith #17592

If you look at the close up picture of the open console you will see where he removed the phony "Owned by" badge.

His listing of all the clubs he belongs to is a real shame.   The car looks interesting enough all on its own.  There is no reason to play games like he does.   He confabulated stories and modifications just pollute the car hobby.   He tarnishes the reputation of every club he lists.

Dave Smith #17592

I noticed that this guy has a low mileage Calais forsale too.  It has those clear plastic seat covers on it.  Which of course, most people would assume that they were on the car from new.  But I know for a fact that you can still get these made custom to fit any car even today.    So considering this persons previous two made up fabrications, I doubt the authenticity of this car too.

wm link

Did you notice that after 30 yrs there is no yellowing of the clear seat covers. My mother had those "clear" seat covers on her sofa and they were yellow for as long as I can remember, and that was in a HOUSE! Were Louie Vuitton bags popular in 74? I thought they were more 1977 or even later, I know mom had one of those too.

Matt V16

I saw this car at Hershey, (at least I think it was this car) I would not think that there are twins running around.. I thought it sold for around $8,500.. Maybe that was just the high bid..   Someone give me an update because I did not keep up on this car or the owner.. What was the trouble with the car and the owner?  

Dave #17592

Bill!  

That cranbery 74 of yours is Fantastic!    I have never seen a Brougham of that vintage with the dual lighted mirrors.  I was beginning to think it was a misprint in the catalog that you could order it on both sides then.  

Trade you a nice yellow 75 Eldorado convertible for it!!!   :)

wm link

You may have...he probably consigned it there, plus he does mention in his ebay ad that he drove the car recently PA "to visit friends"...another fib. Short version he sold me a "florida" Talisman with 30k actual miles. He "suggested" it to have been owned by Jackie Gleason..,whom lived in Fla. Talismans have a special gold plated engraved plaque with the owners name on it...He claimed to be surprised that this plaque read "Jackie Gleason the great one" upon opening the console after his purchase. The plaque was a recent brass fake engraving, did I mention he sells watches? The car was NEVER a florida car, rather South Carolina since new...I spoke to both prior owners, one of whom purchased the car in 1989 from the original family. The car did NOT have hint of Jackie Gleason until this guy. I actully found out he bought the car on ebay! Fast forward a few months and hes at it again, same story...except now "Sammy Davis jr. The candy man" with the custom louis viutton top twist installed when the car was "new". This person did purchase a 74 Talisman ,in the same colors, from PA that needed paint and a vinyl top about 2 yrs ago with approx miles...Hmmmmm??? Was the "Sammy davis jr" part pushed at Hershey?  

wm link

Thanks Dave! I know you know those cars! I was surprised to see that vanity on the drivers side too...I have only seen one other one (on a Talisman). The condition is right...and I think the car is in the right colors too...I really hate to part with it. That original A/C control tag that hangs on the lever was in the owners manual as was the visor sleeve...I wish they saved the  window sticker!

wm link

refer to farther up thread, I explaind it there in part.