News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1929 Cadillac 341-B

Started by Dave Dixon, November 07, 2005, 03:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Dixon

Hello,

I am working on a 1929 Cadillac 341-B Dual Cowl Phaeton, and hope someone can help me with some technical information. There is a hole on the instrument panel roughly 1" in diameter with a smaller hole (~1/4" DIA) directly above it. These holes are just to the left of the spark advance controls, and just above and to the left of the steering column. Does anyone know what is supposed to go here? I cannot find any pictures or original diagrams showing the instrument panel (dashboard) layout. Thanks for any help!

-Dave

Russ Burgstahler #15722

I believe it is the "Carb Heat" lever which looks exactly like the spark advance lever. It has "Heat on" and Heat off" positions.  It is connected to a linkage that controls a valve in the exhaust manifold.  Closing the valve ports exhaust gases over the carb which preheats the fuel mixture.