News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Carb Replacement Recommendation

Started by Marc A. Thurston CLC #22129, November 10, 2005, 11:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc A. Thurston CLC #22129

When I purchased my 32 v-8 Cadillac the engine was shipped to me in pieces.  The carb that was sent with the engine was a Carter WCD #595-sa which I understand is the incorrect model.  According to Charles Selick the correct model for the v-8 is a Johnston.  Charles had one in stock but he informed me that they have a reputation for being un-reliable.  

My manifold is an updraft style.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement carburetor?

Thanks

JIM CLC # 15000

11-10-05
Marc, Go to and on their home page cleck-on to passenger and it will tell you that it was origional a cadillac carby. HTH
Good Luck, Jim

Marc A Thurston

JIM CLC # 15000

11-11-05
Marc, IVE heard that the mind is the first thing to go! Now IM about to beleave it!.
OK, I reread my first post and, guess what, NO web address!
OK, try this; thecarbueratorshop.com
Good Luck, Jim