News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

69 - 70 Steering column differences

Started by Jeff Burland - #12555, November 11, 2005, 12:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Burland - #12555

Hi,

Seems there are 4 columns for each year. 2 for Eldorados and 2 for the rest of the line. Tilt / tele and non tilt for each of the two groups. I understand how Tilt and non tilt usually had a different Neutral safety switch, etc, but what was the change in 70 to make it different? I dont have a 69 to compare, but am just curious. I know the Eldos and regular line are not interchangable, just comparing apples to apples, side by side, whats the difference? thanks, Jeff

john rutenberg

I have had a 68-69 and 70. All with tilt/telescpoic. There is not difference it the 69 and 70 from what I remember.The only difference was that the steering wheel on the 69 had a rim blow and the 70 went to the horn pad.