News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

COPYRIGHT?

Started by JIM CLC # 15000, November 13, 2005, 03:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM CLC # 15000

11-13-05
All, Can I have the CLC logo embroidered on a "windbraker" jacket without violating a copyright?
Good luck, Jim

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gee Jim,

I suppose it wouldnt hurt, as long as you dont intend to sit on it for too long.   As then, nobody would get to see it until you stood up.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Mike #19861

I cant see it being a problem, unless you decide to sell them for personal profit.

But given that, if you had them made up, and sold them for the benefit of the club, the CLC would give you their blessing. Talk to the legal dept and see what they say.

Mike

Frank DeCou CLC #12231

You can buy an embroidered patch on this web site and then you dont have any worries about Copyright.

JIM CLC # 15000

11-13-05
Bruce, Mike and Frank, Thanks for the replies. The reason for the question is/was, is that the shop where IVE had my CLC # embroidered on my jacket has already told me that they will not embroider anything that is copyrighted. Frank, I know of the patches that are for sale, but I wanted one about 12" in diameter. I think the one that is for-sale is about 4" across.
Thanks again for the replies.
Good Luck, Jim

Tod - North TX CLC

Check the Self Starter.  I believe one of the local regions is selling a really nice, light jacket with a small Cad/LaSalle logon on the breast, and a HUGE Cadillac crest on the back.

Our region used a number of these as awards last year, and they are a very nice jacket.

If you dont find the club that sponsered these, I can try and find out from our activities director just where we got these.

JIM CLC # 15000

11-14-05
Tod, thanks for the tip and responds to my post. However, I have a nice windbreaker that Ive already had my CLC number embroidered on it and I dont want to start with another jacket.
Good Luck, Jim