News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Changing 79 Eldo to Carb set up

Started by john rutenberg, November 18, 2005, 11:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john rutenberg

Can some one with real knowledge tell me. What is involved in changing out the EFI to a Rochester set up? Also, what car would I get the intake from? If I find that my rough idle problem is injectors, emission controls, computer or anything that will cost more that a few hundred dollars. Im changing the system to the regular carb type. Anyone know for sure!!!!!!!!! Thanks John

Charles Baldino

My 79 Seville 350 EFI runs like a charm, why would you want to change to carburetor set-up?

Charles

john rutenberg

Well, to be honest I havent gotten the car from the shippers yet but the orignial owner said it had started to not run as smooth as it used too. She had the intake manifold gasket replaced already. Im just leary, since I owned a 78 Seville and it didnt idle well. I kept dumping money into it and still the  slight rough idle. I have just heard these are expensive to fix and hard to diagnose.

Althegut

Yep same issue w rough idle 79 seville 350 efi 5.7 liter A Guttman

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.