News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Any L A Califronia Members. Have question.

Started by Jerry Michaels 21204, November 19, 2005, 11:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Michaels 21204

I just recieved my authenticity info back from Cadillac.

My 1958 Eldorado Biarritz was sold new there in Los Angeles, Ca. Would any member know what dealerships existed at that time and is it possible to do any owner research back that far?

I looked at the state web site and they did not offer any searches. It was probaly owned by someone making pretty good money as 58 was a big recession year. Thanks.

Tom Hall 7485

In 1958, the big outlet was at 7th Street and Bixel, just west of "downtown" Los Angeles (not many tall buildings then).  I believe the retail outlet was being operated by GM at the time.  It had also housed the distributorship of Don Lee, Inc.  The retail outlet would become Thomas Cadillac around 1965.  There were other outlets in LA, such as Hillcrest Cadillac and Dixon Cadillac, and they are not to be confused with outlets in suburbs such as Sherman Oaks or Torrance.  I imagine your records show a postal zone number for the outlet but I do not know LA postal zones for that period.  

Dealerships do not retain sales records for very long and the Dixon and 7th Street outlets are no more.  Unless you run across an invoice, service or warranty records, you probably will not be able to learn the first retail buyers name.

john rutenberg

There were many in the Los Angeles area. Dixon in Hollywood (now closed) Lou Elhers, Martin,Hillcrest and Cosa De Cadillac

Tom Hall 7485

To the best of my knowledge, Ehlers and Martin
came along after 1958.  Casa de Cadillac is in Sherman
Oaks, not Los Angeles.

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

Its probly not an Elvis car being from LA but it could be a Frank Sinatra or Sammy Davis Jr car :)

Does make you wonder though, probly lots of cars around the LA area could have been star cars and no one kept track if they were traded in a year old or stars wernt that well known at the time.
Eric :)

1990 Brougham, I bought from original owner, he showed me original title with 8 miles on it.

NOScad6465

I have a comprehensive list of all los Angeles based dealerships and 6 digit outlet codes, but it is from 1965...

jayryan07

Good question. I have one from 1960 bought here in O.C. area which likely means it came from L.A. I will see if anything is available on its exact purchase. Good luck on that bit of memorabilia. 
1960 El Dorado Biarritz Conv.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

WHY drag up topics that are 10 years old??? Start a new post.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

jayryan07

Well since you put it that way.. any way I was only responding to that comment made on Dec. 14, 2015.

Have a nice night.

jayryan07

Quote from: jayryan07 on December 31, 2015, 12:41:49 AM
Well since you put it that way.. any way I was only responding to that comment made on Dec. 14, 2015.

Have a nice night.

But I do see the point of how it would draw attention to a topic no longer relevant. Probably how I got mixed in in the first place.

Later