News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Short in horn wire 40 Lasalle

Started by Rich Gagliardi, November 28, 2005, 06:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Gagliardi

Hi can some one tell me the best way to change horn contact wire in steering wheel tube on a 40 lasalle 50 ser. Thanks  Rich.

JIM CLC # 15000

11-28-05
Rich, Locate where horn wire is located on steering column. Remove cover, leaving wire attached to cover, if you can. There is/should be a contact on the internal shaft that has a screw that is tight, holding the wire that goes to the horn button.
After removing the wire, tie a strong cord or wire to it and pull the old wire out, Use the cord to pull the new wire in.
Peice of cake.
Good Luck, Jim

Rich Gagliardi

JIM CLC # 15000

11-29-05
Rich, Your welcome. Thanks for the respond. Just hope my advise was on the money, so to speak.
Please let us (readers) know the out-come.
Good Luck, dont lose your string/wire, Jim

JIM CLC # 15000h

11-30-05
Rich, I failed to ask you, but does the horn blow when you are making a hard turn. Because I was having that problem and it turns-out to be the BIG brass ring/collor on the steering shaft (inner) that was touching the outer column whenever I was making a hard turn. I fixed it by taking a piece of plastic from a soda-bottle,leaving it long enough to clamp it under the edge of the cover plate. (with the wire that goes to the horn relay) HTH
Good luck, Jim