News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

upholstery

Started by anthony 20485, November 29, 2005, 05:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony 20485

I have a 68 eldorado with 65,000 miles. The interior WAS in excellant condition until I did a stupid thing. I let a drop light get to close to the top of the front seat and it melted a section about 2 square. The question I had was if anyone had ever used those liquid pastes that I can patch the melted vynil?
Or does anyone know where I can get replacement material from?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Barry Wheeler #2189

Hih Anthony,

What I would do is take the car to your local upholstery shop. An established shop should be able to take the material from the frame, and re-sew another piece in, then re-install it. If you cant get the matching material, the shop should be able to dye it very closely. I wouldnt suggest trying to fix it yourself on a nice car. Another alternative might be one of the paintless dent removal shops generally can do vinyl repair as well. You might try the shopes in Oregon and Michigan that advertise original materials in Hemmings Motor News for the absolutely correct color. Good luck.

Lars Kneller 8246

See my post under 1970 Leather