News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

eBay parts car frustrations

Started by Eric Maypother CLC #15104, November 29, 2005, 09:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

Hi All,
I listed a 1985 Fleetwod Brougham FOR PARTS on eBay and twice they cancelled the listing saying Im in violation for avoiding fees and listing it in parts cars rather than as a running car even though the motor is about the only good thing on the car, because I say good motor, runs good Im in violation even though it needs brakes, exhaust, transmission, lots of rot, other parts missing eBay still considers it a regular car because it has a good motor, they even told me they made a mistake cancelling it before they canclelled it a second time, I even put a disclaimer at the top of decription saying to ebay this is a parts car read full decripition and to the person who reported it to ebay to read description to. What are we suppose to do?
How can I sell a parts car to someone who may need a good motor if Im not allowed by eBay to say it has a good motor unless I list it as a passenger car?
Eric :)

Eric Kahn clc 20839

just list the motor in parts, ignore the rest of the car

Daniel Kuczek

I listed and sold three cars this way, a 1991 Allante (bad brakes) a 1993 Chevy Beretta (structural rust issues) and a 1995 Eldorado (bad suspension).  In the description I clearly stated that the car runs but cannot be SAFELY driven on the road.  EBay never gave me a problem, I even relisted the Allante when it didnt hit the reserve the first time.

Heres someting to think about though.  I recently sold a 1950 Ford that really was a parts/project car.  The first time I listed it under "parts" and it got a few hits and never even came close to the reserve.  I relisted it a week later in the complete car category even though it wasnt even close to being drivable, and it sold for way past the reserve, so maybe putting it in the running category is worth it.

Michael Stamps 19507

I once bought a 70 DVC in the parts car section of ebay for $365.  I then sold it in the normal car section for $1200 and never saw the car in person.  

Stampie

Bryan Thompson 21345

Maybee the problem is you are selling a 1985 Fleetwood with a "good" motor. There is no such thing. They all have the crappy HT 4100 ;)
Bryan

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Bryan,

I am sure that you hit the nail on the head with that statement.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

dale jackson

I listed my 1976 cadillac thats wrecked bad with frame damage. I said car was an running and driving parts car.

My 1987 camaro I listed I said it run but not drivable since engine knockes, smokes etc. It wont stay running since engine is so wore out. I said you could drive on trailer etc . I evan said it had good brakes trans, rear axle. Door is falling off and crutched, etc on this car . I wrote in auction it had good title and not an salvage or junk car title. If an person wanted rebuild it. I used try buy wrecked cars with good title not salavge or junk etc.

My 1990 mazda , I listed in parts car section since it has body damage, etc wore out engine .

In my ebay ads I sais stuff parts, or salvage, restore it, part it out etc. Your choice etc.

Ebay shut down my 3 auctions and said I was evading ebay fees etc. It sad my cars are condidered good cars and they want there 50 buck list fees and I cant put them in parts car section. I have intire print out. I tryed to call ebay and email etc . It was no use etc.

My 3 junk cars are still not sold and ebay says I cant list them in parts car section.
  If put them regular ebay auction I could risk geting bad feedback selling good cars when pure junk cars or parts car.
 I dont know what happened with ebay etc.
  I listed an 1991 mercury with no title, wrecked in front , bad brakes. I said in ad the reason why they wanted to buy car the engine ran so good etc. The peaple who bought car removed engine and junked car. That was selling point on this car was buy this car pull the hi output engine and install in your project. Ebay let me sell it serval monlths ago in parts car section. The peaple bought car on ebay and trailered car from my car lot.

Ebay did not say I evading fees selling my 91 mercuty parts car or my 2000 dodge truck wrecked in side with servere frame damage. In that ad I said engine in truck ran good after wreck but truck could not be driven since frame was shot. I evan said it had good texas title since it had good title no salvage or junk etc.

On those other two parts car i listed ebay did me hard time or say I evading fees compared to 76 cad, 90 mazda, 87 camro.

I wish I knew what is wrong with ebay since some peaple want buy junk cars that have running engines etc. I guess its to point an parts car listed on ebay has be untested, or non running, burned , parts missing, no title, junk. etc

Its sad I sometimes look at ebay parts car etc to try find say an rebuilder, or car with an running engine i can remove . On wreckes I dont bid on them if dont run or whatever or cant rebuild car.

Have fun dale

Hi All,
Thanks all for replies, comments and suggestions, I finally heard back from eBay regarding this, heres thier response below, hopefully it wont get cancelled a third time.

Hello,

I appreciate you contacting SafeHarbor with your concern.

Your Cadillac auction was ended inappropriately and I apologize for any
inconvenience. Because your vehicle has missing parts or damage and the
engine is the main part of the car someone might be able to use, you
are
able to list it in the Parts Cars category.

I have reinstated your auction and placed it in your "Unsold Items"
category of your My eBay account. You can click the "Relist" button and
your auction will begin all over again at that time.

Also, I have placed a note on your account that your Cadillac auction
belongs in the Parts Cars category.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gdat Eric,

That was nice of them.

Sounds like there is someone there with a brain, and not just an automated message bank afterall.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Well they did it again, After I was told it was ok to list it and they made a not of it in my filr it was cancelled for a THIRD time right after I got the go ahead to re-list it,

dale jackson

I know ebay is drag.

On my 3 parts cars junk etc. I tryed calling safehabor and no phone. I sat in front my computer in those chat sessions etc and tryed so hard to talk to an person and I  not could even do that since they safehabor was closed or whatever. My computer could not  even them online or whatever.

I did get email from them but they said it like autmated reply from an computer I could not understand it all.

My 3 junk still sit unsold and I want sale them since I dont need those parts cars. It cost 50 bucks to list them as real cars not junks. The cars are not worth that high ad cost.

I guess I will have try my locol free newspaper to try sale my 3 junks cars.

Ebay is going down tubes it seemsand higher and higher fees.

It seems I can just sale parts on ebay or buy parts from ebay.

Even part sales are costing to much money.

Example 6 items for 59 thru 64 cadillac parts cost me 25 bucks since 3 items sold around 340 bucks plus cost shipping. It geting bad on fees and stuff that dont sale on ebay.

No phones to talk to real person on ebay becides automated emails.

Its seems very hard to list stuff on ebay theses with high fees since you dont sale everything on ebay on parts. I dont see how the big part vendors do it with fees going higher.

When I used to try sale 35 cadillac items on ebay at same time. There were lots times I barly made an profit since I had pay ebay fees out the cadillac parts sales.

There were serval times I just gave up an listed parts lot on ebay and sold them for less  money compared selling each part separatly.

It seems an lot parts dont sale I have seen or you have wait on an buyer .

Last year I think I sold maybe 4000 worth parts On ebay and I was paying so much on ebay fees.

Also sometimes it seems sometimes the shiping on parts are never correct from ups store. Thats an an new problem becides ebay.  

dale jackson

Hi Dale,
Currently the ad is back on and hasnt been canceled yet, I e-mailed eBay each time and explained to them it was a parts car with good motor, and was told it was ok to list it, I forget what link I used to e-mail them, seems like you go in circles sometimes trying to e-mail them, then it takes days for them to respond, each time they e-mail me and said it was inapropriatly cancelled and I could re-list it I added those e-mails to the top on the item description, I guess you just got to keep e-mailing them and explaining that car is not road worthy and is only good for parts even if the motor is good, I also put in the required disclaimed they have you put in description now.

Heres auction to see what I put
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8020063492&sspagename=STRK3AMESE3AIT TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8020063492&sspagename=STRK3AMESE3AIT

Good luck,