News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Katrina Victims (cars)

Started by Richard Pope, December 05, 2005, 01:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Pope

In my December issue of SCM (Sports Car Magazine), they dedicate two pages to the vehicular victims of Katrina.  They quote that Haggerty (sp?) and another classic car issurer have had a little more than 600 claims together(all totaled).

It was interesting that both these insurers let the owners buy-back the totaled car at a discount as well as continue covering the car if they were going to restore it.

They only showed 3 pictures:

Richard Pope

Sorry, I hit send to early.

The 3 pictures were of a early 60s vette conv intertwined with a steel building. a 68 Camero conv. with not a straight inch of sheetmetal and a 69 Mach 1 that was submerged in at least 10 feet of water (you can see the water line on the wall!)

So 600 cars completely totaled by specialty insurers. How many more do you think there are that were just covered by normal insurers for daily drivers (like mine!). 4X?

Richard