News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Deville,Tide,and Oreos

Started by Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397, December 05, 2005, 06:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

This afternoon, I was browsing through some of my old Self-Starters and I came upon a July 1999 article about the new 2000 Deville.  I found it interesting and CadMoCarDivs (shortened ala DTS) decision to drop the Deville name hard to understand after reading the following:
Brand manager Pat Kemp is highly optimistic about the new car.  "The Cadillac DeVille (sic in 1999)is one of the most powerful brands in auto industry history.  In fact, its one of the most powerful brands in any industry.  With fifty years of heritage and segment leadership for more than a dozen years, the DeVille is well worth a premium price over the competition in the eyes of our loyal customers.  In spite of the fact that the number of competitors in the large luxury segment has doubled in the past decade and a half, DeVille has stayed at the top of the sales charts.  Like Oreo cookies and Tide detergent, DeVille is by definition a power brand:  able to command a premium price, the sales leader in its field, and supported by a loyal following.  The combination of an incredible brand equity with the major advancements invested in the new DeVille will do a tremendous job for Cadillac in the coming millenium." Do you think the same can be said of DTS?
Do you think well be seeing TLD (Tide Laundry Detergent)or OSC (Oreo Sandwich Cookies)in grocery stores soon?

densie

Theyre trying to make them more like Euro cars, I guess, with letters instead of names.  Why someone who wanted a Euro car would buy a Cadillac, I dont know.

-denise

Mike #19861

Just goes to show you that the media mouth pieces are like politicans when it comes to their rhetoric.

They can go on like that, then next year drop the whole line. I remember in 1992 Cadillac said it was in it for the long haul with the Allante.

Mike