News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

56 series 62 conv. sun visors

Started by Ralph Russell clc21834, December 18, 2005, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Russell clc21834

i have a 56 series 62 convertible that is missing the sun visors..the car is Manden? red,with a white top,red and white leather interior,red carpet.the visors mount to the windshield frame,and also have a holder that I assume the end of the visor support rod with a rubber cap goes to.What would be the correct color and material to use? Does anyone have recommendations for replacement visors? Thank you, Ralph

John Washburn

Ralph,

I believe the visor were, dual sun. This means they were dark plastic so that you could see out of them in the convertible.

Hard to find but you can get them made out of plastic of the same color - they look like todays sun glasses.

John Washburn
CLC #1067

Doug Houston

Perhaps the transparent visors referenced were aftermarket items, but on both of the 56 convertibles I have had (I still have one now), the visors were convenbtional padded and stitched designs, keyed to interior colors.

Roger A. Zimmermann #21015

Only the Eldorado models had the plastic sun visors. Regular convertibles had the padded sun visors.
Roger

Ralph Russell clc21834

Thank you to everyone for your replies...would the padded visors originally have been covered in leather? Does anyone have for sale a pair of the correct type of visors for my car?