News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

95 eldorado struts and car wash prob.

Started by kruser, December 18, 2005, 06:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kruser

anyone know if there is a cross over for standard econo struts and shocks instead of the powered factory option?

also ran through a car wash yesterday and the engine seems to be sputtering and missing. plugs? coils?

any help greatly appreciated

David #19063

Kruser,

I do not know about the shocks (but would be interested to learn).  What does Cadillac say?

Usually when I have seen problems with missing and sputtering after a car wash, spraying off and engine, or after splashng through a deep puddle, it has been old bad wires.

Is your car a Northstar or 4.9L?

When I had a tune up done on both my 96 Concours and my 94 Fleetwood Brougham, I made sure they used OEM plugwires from Cadillac only.

I have heard that aftermarket ones can be troublesome and then youll end up paying to have Cadillac ones installed later.

David

kruser

Thank you for the info

I did pull the coil pack and blew out with air and seems to be fine.
After posting, I found a company that makes a cross over for 499.00. (Strut Masters)  Compared to OEM its a steal.

Thanks
RKruse