News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

OBD1 diagnostic connectors

Started by denise 20352, December 23, 2005, 07:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denise 20352

I recently bought a cable that lets me hook up my laptop to the 12-pin connector on my 92.  It looks like a great idea,  but it has individual pins, and I would have to go down underneath the dash to see what Im doing to hook it up, which is a problem for me physically.  Does anyone know where I could get a blank connector that I could use to make up a connector plug?

thanks

-densie

Erich Loepke

Its probably only going to be made by Packard (GMs electrical products division). The ones that come with other scan tools are usually molded-on affairs made by the maker of the tool. I know of no source for a mating connector for the GM ALDL connector. Maybe you could find a old scan tool or cable cheaply that could be used to make a connector.