News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Spark plugs for 1924 V63

Started by Gunter Hufnagel, December 25, 2005, 01:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunter Hufnagel

Hi
What are correct spark pulgs for the 1924 V63 engine?
Is there a place in the US where I can get spare parts for my 1924 7 seat open touring car?

Greetings from Germany,

Gunter

John Washburn

Gunter,

My old Champion spark plug book shows that your car would take a Champion C-16C. They still might produce these.

The old, no longer produced Champion plug was C-4.

Good Luck.

John Washburn
CLC #1067

Johan Boltendal # 158

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Does anyone have a list of AC plugs that will fit his car? I have about 10 sets of various numbers. I also have some Edison & one set of Triple Ls. Thanks, Bob

Warren Rauch

I was going thru some 20s copies of the Cadillac Service Man and the following are the recogmends.
 1) V8s up to series 314 If driven normal AC type A
                          If driven hard   AC type Y
 2) LaSalle 303 and 328 to serial 4-14348
    Cadillac 341A and 341B to serial 32889   AC type Y
 3)  Newer models than above (to at least Feb1930) G-10
 THe early A&Y plugs are 7/8thread And the threaded portion should just fill the thickness of the cylinder head. THe Change at the above serials was to 18mm plugs. Adapters were avalible in the after market , but Cadillac urged them not be used. Warren

Bob Hoffmann CLC #96

Hi Warren, I tried to email you directly but it didnt go through. Advise, Bob