News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

What did you get for the Cadillac for Christmas?

Started by George Woodford clc21025, December 27, 2005, 05:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Woodford clc21025

I got a new (NOS) not rebuilt or remanufacture GM Delcotron 100, 80A generator for the 1976 Eldorado Biarritz.  The GM Part Number is 1101061.  Separate NOS GM parts that had to be purchased to complete the generator were the Shaft-Outside Collar, Pulley, and Fan.

denise 20352

I couldnt afford to give the Cadillac anything.  The Chrysler got a new carb, choke coil and choke controller, and all of the problems that I was having getting it warmed up are over...but now I find that the cold compression is so low that its hard to start anyway.

On the bright side, the Cadillac doesnt need anything!  I have about $7500 invested since I bought it two years ago, so its the one car that goes when nothing else will.

-denise

Greg McDonnell CLC #20841

Hi George,

I got an NOS grille for my 72 Fleetwood Brougham!  Sometimes NOS doesnt equate to perfect.  But in the case of this grille, it DOES.  Absolutely beautiful and looks like its 1972 all over again!

Greg

JIM CLC # 15000

12-27-05
George, You did not say in the "heading" that it had to be the Christmas of 2005. In Nov. of 1967, I ordered a radio for my (new) La Salle. Come late Dec. it had not been delivered, so I said I would check on it after Christmas. It (the radio) was under the Christmas tree on Christmas Morning!
Good Luck, Jim

Dirk # 16895

I got a "new" 58 Biarritz project from my wife..... she likes to have the TV for here own i think......
Believe it or not, santa came whit a container on christmas day to deliver the car !
Picts on the http://www.classic-cadillac.com TARGET=_blank>www.classic-cadillac.com website  .
Front page, right column , click on the pict of the BRONZE 58 , and next page click on " 58 biarritz picts "..... top row in the middle you will find a 7 page album.
Greetings from a happy man, Dirk Van Dorst
Belgium

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17963

Me too, Dirk.  I got the 56 6219 I always wanted on Christmas day and drove it home.
I am becoming more familiar with the car so I know more what it needs.  But with a rebuilt engine, new exhaust, new brakes and radials, most of the previous problems I got saddled with have been taken care of!  Whoopie!

dirk

Congratulations , the kind of christmas you never forget (in the positive way )
Dirk

George Woodford clc21025

Dirk, I saw what you did with your last Cadillac restoration project.  Youre a master of all trades.  I wouldnt expect anything less with the new Cadillac project.

Dirk

Tank you for the support.
Both cars, plus a green , a red from Holland  and maybe a blue from germany wil be together @ the Grand European , 1,2 and 3 Sept. 2006.
Info on the front page of the http://www.classic-cadillac.com TARGET=_blank>www.classic-cadillac.com website
Dirk

Lou 19028

My wife got me a Sirius car kit . This way I can use my Sirius satellite radio in my Cadillac. It works through the FM transmitter which is built in to the SAT radio. All I got to do is plug the unit into one of four cigarettes lighters,stick the magnet antenna on the trunk and Im set. Modern tunes through an old radio. Best of all NO MODS to the car!  

Brian Laurance

Randall, congratulations!  Is this the same car you picked up a year or so ago that required some restoration work?  Or is this a completely different car?  If so, are you intending to sell the first 56 or carry on with the restoration?

Id be eager to hear the history behind this new acquisition!

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17963

Brian, the blue Cadillac is still in restoration.  This one was a resident of Conneticut, and was originally sold in Middletown, NY.  As far as I know it is also a three owner car (me included) with 46000 miles on the odometer; the engine has been worked on and hardened valve seats installed; the brakes, and exhaust have been repaired, and it is riding on new Goodyear Regatta IIs.  It has some problems but it runs beautifully.

So while Jonathan is working on the other one, I am keeping this one as my daily.
Yeah, I am very excited about it.