News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

Started by Dick Heller, December 30, 2005, 01:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dale jackson

My dream car is an black cadillac with red interor.

I called seller on his car and he was asking 69000 buy it know on his car. I was thinking he was asking way to much since car has dented hubcabs, eldo side trim dented up he said. Patched floors pans , incorrect detailed engine, split dash pad.

There is another for 55000 in caiforina in autotrader at 55000, Last week he wanted 59500 for car. Its an beter car for cheaper money compared to car on ebay. Its the rose coler, with black and white interior. Strange paint , interior combo. It may be special ordor???????

The ebay cadillac. If I had money buy it. I would try buy for 45000 and use my 1960 eldo rebuilder car to replace the damaged trim and my parts to correct the ebay car.

If any body is in market for an perfect 1960 eldo. Robert Millian Aka we all know Cadillac bob  west or the 1960 cadillac expert Is up for sale On buzztrader for 76500. Its cadillac Bob old car he bought in 1971 and kept perfect and replaced all its trim nos stock parts. Its an super rare factory bucket car. Its red with black interior. Its number 1 car I have heard from seller of car. Its body number 589 off the line. His freind Carl is selling car for his freind who bought car from bob. Its an super nice old car . Its one nice cadillac But I cant afford it .  

Dale jackson ownoer of an 1960 eldo rebuilder or basket case special.

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

If you like 1960 Biarritz, there is a beauty in Firemist Gold and White with Bucket Seats offered by this dealer (24 photos):

http://www.johnscotti.com/pages/main_exotics.html TARGET=_blank>http://www.johnscotti.com/pages/main_exotics.html

P W Allen CLC #20193

I just checked out that site. I have to say that they are dreaming with some of those prices! A 53 CDV $129,000?? A 53 Convert (not an Eldo) $129,000?? I dont think so.

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Yann Saunders, 12588

Even if were talking Canadian dollars, the price is high on some of these cars.

Tommy

Dale do you still have your 60 or you parted out?

dale jackson

I still have my 1960 eldo convertible in my building .

As of this point still unsold but 62 eldo convertible was sold last year. My collection is smaller after I sold tons 1959 thru 64 parts on ebay. I still have tons of extra 1959 thru 1964 parts I need to sale again on ebay. Last time I ran auctions was oct 2004 and in oct 2005. I still have money in paypal lefht over from selling junk on ebay. I been going thru all my parts again and was going list more parts on ebay to try move more 1959 thru 1964 parts or parts that my 1960 eldo dont need for an person to restore it.

I was using money from part sales etc to upgrade and buy beter parts for that 1960 eldo convertible. In last week I been unpacking boxes full parts and test fiting on my the 1960 eldo and doing an complete detailed invorty on parts that the 1960 car needs. I been geting ready to sell off the 1959 thru 64 cadillac and all the non eldo 1960 parts on ebay.

My goal is sell off the extra parts I dont need and then Go nuts buying stuff needed to rebuild my 1960 eldo. I know my car sounds Like an parts car missing  stuff and incomplete parts But I thinking an person could save her and bring her back to her brand new if they had an rust bucket 1960 car to use as an parts car model to rebuild it etc.

I was luckey in the restore shop or former seller did not lose all its redone with extra eldo skiny trim and the key parts that make it an eldo. Without the key parts it would not be worth rebuilding I think. The rest of damaged or missing parts etc can pulled an 4 door sedan or any other 1960 car.

I last two years I have slowly found the missing eldo door panel parts, and belt line without snaps Convertible top trim that was missing from car. I paid for using money from part sales. No out pocket expensives so far.  The onley Eldo key parts missing still are air cleaner for tripower, fender letters, front and rear seat interior for paterns, seat buttons, door panels buttons, One switch in or door plate where they mount power windows switchs. I think an fleetwood would fix that problem .

The convertible top parts are Diffant storey.

No moters and missing one sunvisor bracket , one rear view mirrior bracket, I have two top frame to car one incomplete and the  about it unsure about it. You would have take two frames and build one for car.
 The rear glass frames are there but they broken up and need welded or replacement.

They guy I bought those big load of parts for 11500 in march 2003 really did an number to this 1960 eldo. Losing parts and buying the wrong parts for car etc. I been luckey since I sold the 62 car 4000 and sold maybe 2000 or 4000 worth of parts so far. I did spend maybe 2500 or 3000 on parts that car needed from part sales. I think I have maybe Less than 10k in car since my 1962 car went back to my bank account and I did not use it for parts or cadillac stuff.

I have maybe 3000 ? worth of extra parts I could sale on ebay and maybe use the money to buy say an complete parts car to put in building becide it. Then with an parts car. It would smooth sailing restoring each part then installing on my 1960 eldo chassis  to build an complete  running and driving car. Thats way to rebuild my car is take two cars and build one .

No luck finding an parts car in south texas . I run ads locol paper wanted an 1960  or 1959 cadillac . I did not get an single call. I guess an 1959 or 1960 caillc parts car dont exist or peaple dont want sale them. Two miles from my house there is an man  with an 1960 4 door and 1960 limo sitting in feild for years  I have heard from locol peaple he not selling and just leting them sit there to rot away. I wish could find ownoer of those cars. I wish I could since I love buy them both on spot from him. They been sitting there I moved here in 2003. Who knows how long they been there untouched in that feild. Grass has grown over them and can barely see them anymore .

Thats status on my 1960 cadillac as of this point . I did have advertiseed in buzztrader since 2004. I sometimes get an call on car from peaple wanting buy to it. I had one guy fly from up north and rent an car. He owned an bodyshop but after he saw he said it would take 50 years to rebuild it. I think he overwelled with car an totol strip down hull and no dash and could see wiring etc exposed where dash used to be. He should Have asked for photes before flew down here from up north. IN ad I said car an totol strip downed car like it was. In my ads I telling the truth etc and not holding back. He may have spent maybe 1000 to 1500 to come see it. He even flew is son here to see it. I guess he was sad the car was had no trans, gas tank or any parts installed on rolling chassis. He may thought he was buying an car that just repaint and new interior or an quick restore car.

Have fun dale jackson

M

Lars Langoy