News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Correct jack for a 1954 CdV

Started by Jim Hearn, January 03, 2006, 02:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Hearn

There seems to be two jacks that people regularly refer to as the correct jack for a 1954 Cadillac.  Both are similar except for the portion of the jack that contacts the bumper.  One is like a wide piece of angle iron and is fixed.  The other hinges and is like a wide hook.  Not that these jacks should get a lot of usage these days but it appears to me that the hinged hook type would stand a far greater chance of damaging the bumper chrome than the fixed type.  Does anybody know which model is correct?

Jim Hearn CLC Member

Does anybody have any info on this.  Thanks.

Jim Hearn CLC Member

Doesnt anyone have any thoughts on this?

Jack Mcilwraith #10584

Jim-Iknow a chap who has a 1953 62 series which is pretty original.He has the angle iron type jack, which possibly came with the car.I have a 1955 which was missing a jack when I bought it,so no help there.On Ebay I have seen both styles,you mention, as being original.

Phil Whyte - CLC No. 14192

Hi I have a 54 CDV and the jack I have in my car [which I have no reason to doubt is original] is the one that hooks under the bumper - I dont think Ill be using that on my bumpers though!!
Phil Whyte