News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Sedan DeVille 6 Window believe 6329

Started by Barry Ashdown, January 19, 2006, 04:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Ashdown

Hi everybody, Im re-posting this request for help, as I have only just realised the errors in the script, so hnere goes with the correct version.

Hi Guys
Can anyone help me please, I am stipping down one of the above vehicles here in the UK, and need to know what the actual part names are of the following two items, and where to obtain replacements.

Firstly, the lower channel holding the front window glass, and secondly ther are 4 metal plates situated under the floor covering and fitted one at each door exit. I would have called them Sill plates, but these are, as I say, under the carpeting, made of thin tin and appear to be there to cover a channel in the floor pan adjacent to each door opening.

Also does anyone know where these can be purchased please.

Look forward to any assistance I can get. Many thanks

Barry Ashdown
Memb. No. 22329

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Barry,

Firstly, I think you will have to purchase the window glass channel from a wrecking yard, or someone pulling a similar body, either a 59 or 60 to pieces.

If your glass is okay, then it wouldnt take much to replicate it, and then get it chrome plated.   The glass then can be inserted in it with a coating of Sikaflex, or something similar.

The same goes for the other pieces you are referring to.

Those pieces are there to allow the carpet to lay flat on the floor, plus the wiring looms to the rear pass under them for protection.

It wouldnt take much to fabricate them out of panel steel, as they arent that difficult a shape to replicate.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Diego Montefusco #21886

you can buy new glass channels from Restoration Specialities and Supplies.

the other part you talk about, its there to protect the wires, so Id just call it sill plate wires cover :-)  I am afraid you can only get one from a junkyard or someone parting out a similar car. I tried to look it up on the Parts Manual to see how GM called it, but I just didnt find it, too many pages to look through! :-)

good luck

diego

Barry

Hi Deigo

Many thanks once again for the help, Im sure Ill need more but thanks again.

Barry

Barry Ashdown

Hi Bruce

Many thanks for your help, at least I know what Im after now, Ill try the junkyards for spares.

Sure Ill need further help as I go along, but many thanks for now.

Regards

Barry