News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 - 58 Eldorado Broughams

Started by Robert Titone, January 24, 2006, 08:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Titone

Hi Everyone!,
                I am new to this site. I thought that I can share with you all about my find of a lifetime!
               I became the proud owner of 5 Eldorado Broughams a couple of months ago. Two are 1957s and three are 1958s. They have been sitting in garages and are complete. Two of them were last running in the late 1980s.
               Can anyone out there direct me to a restorer who specializes in Broughams? Please let me know.
               One of the 57s seems to be a rare car. It is the only one listed on the cars that were made that has a beige exterior with a blue cloth interior.
               Hope to hear from someone soon.

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Can you provide the body numbers for your cars? We are always interested in adding these to the Database.  See Cadillac Database    Eldorado Broughams for details.

Robert Titone

I just sent a email with the known body numbers to Yann Saunders.

Jim Jordan

Robert Titone

I may be selling some of them. I want to look into restoring a couple of them first. Please be patient. I just obtained them recently and I want to explore all of my options.

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

I got your message, Robert.  I have added the basic information to the survivors section of the Cadillac Database and revised the total survival numbers.

Let me have more details and history when available.  Also let me kniow when you are able to get the hood open on car #5.

Thanks

Stephen J. Kirkwood, 22722

Robert:  Congratulations on your find.  In my opinion, Michael P. Rizzuto, owner of Mastermind, Inc. (www.mastermindinc.net) is the best Eldo Brougham restorer there is.  Hes the patron saint of Eldorado Brougham and has helped me significantly.  Good luck with your Broughams.

Dick Heller

Were all the cars missing from the roster?

Dick

Dick Heller

Congratulations!  Did you acquire from one seller?  Barn yard find or estate sale?

Congratulations,

Dick

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Well Dick,

I think I can answer that one.

That is, if Yann knew where they all were, after they left the Cadillac Factory, then they would be on the roster, with their precent locations.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Yann Saunders, 12588

Of the five cars Robert acquired, he was able to supply already four body numbers.  None of these were previously on record as survivors.  There is a chance that the 5th car too will be a "newbie".

I love days like this !

Richard Franke

Well Bruce,

I think Dick was referring to the Five Newbies.

That is, if Yann knew if the five newbies were in Yanns survivor roster.  Granted Dick wasnt clear to a Tassie, but others on the Big Continent grasped the context of his question.  

Michael Stamps 19507

Thank you for keeping Brucie in line.  After all the house remodeling hes been doing I think he forgot about cars.

Stampie

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Richard and Michael,

Yes, I spose I have been inhalin too much dust from the renovations.   Mustve had dust in my eyes to boot.

I see where I messed up, so apologise on bended knees, well, sore bended knees, and a sore back at that.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Mike #19861

Yann,

What are the body numbers of these cars?

Mike

Robert Titone

I acquired the five cars from one person last September. They were all stored inside two large garages(buildings) since the 60s. Two of them were running up to the late 80s. Im from New Jersey,and believe it or not, I found them by looking in the classified ads in our local newspaper! Yes it still can happen.
             I will write the full story for Yann and then post it here if possible.

Robert Titone

Yann,
            I have the body number of car #5
                       BODY 594
                       TRIM 2522   Blue Mounton Carpet
                       PAINT 110
         My story comming soon.
                                       Bob Titone

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

Reply to Robert, and a CALL FOR HELP !!!

When I added Roberts two 1978 "finds", I somehow managed to "DELETE" part of the 1958 survivors roster (from car #412 [in part, plus the photos, but I have these on file], all the way to #598). Fortunately I had done a back-up at Christmas, so I have "lost" relatively little data.

The December back-up listed 185 survivors. When I did the update to add Roberts THREE 58 models, the total jumped to 189 (thats FOUR cars), so Im missing one car.  Its one of these four: #432, #594, #648, #697.

If anyone out there happened to have made a digital copy of the 58 Brougham survivors roster in the last few days before January 30, ID LOVE TO GET A COPY !

This all proves that no matter how careful I try to be, a Database "accident" (like an auto accident) can happen to the best of us. Its the FIRST since the Database went online in 1997. And I cant even download the "good" file from the remote Web site ...because I UPLOADED THE CORRUPTED FILE !

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17963

Congratulations, Robert!  What an incredible and wonderful find!  Five previously unknown Broughams is a find of epic proportions.  Dreams DO come true after all!

Tore Robert Klerud, CLC#20146

Hi there Yann. I sent you a mail with info and a couple of pictures of EB#439 which surfaced for sale in San Fransisco with a Norwegian owner/seller this fall. My mail to you was sent on December 12th, Norwegian time. Maybe this is the one that fell out during your computer mishap - would guess that one is one of the latest additions to the list.

Think I have a copy of the mail somewhere if you need it.

Regards,
Tore, Norway
76 Eldo Conv, 78 Sev Ele