News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hi to Yann Saunders

Started by jim butler, January 25, 2006, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim butler

Saw you were listed as an author on the web site.  Just wanted to say hi.  Im on the car selection committee of the Burn Prevention Foundation Concours dElegance of the Eastern United States and am looking for suitable 16s for the years event on Fathers Day week-end.  Do you have any recommendations?

Jim Butler

Yann Saunders, 12588

Jim,  I tried to contact you by mail just before Christmas. Have you moved?  Do you have eMail now?  

I wanted to return (or pass on to someone with a special interest) the beautiful photo album you gave me when we met in PA years ago.  I have extracted and copied digitally the photos in that collection that I could use in the Cadillac Database;  but there are so many others that might be useful to another collector.

Keep in touch.  Yann

Yann Saunders, 12588

About your "V-16" questions:  although I keep the roster of survivors, I have no contact with their respective owners.  You would need to write to them, via the Self-Starter classifieds (provided there is time left).

judgerld

Hello Sir,
A friend and myself are planning to restore a 1930 Cadillac V8 Fleetway AWP and I need some information about the correct top material. We recently obtained the 'Build Sheet' which describes the top as having a 'Burbank' top. The other information includes the following which might be of help if there were more than one color available; the car was painted all black with vermillion colored stripe and wire wheels. Lastly, do you happen to know if anyone (Haartz Co?) reproduces a similar fabric today?
Thank you for your time,

ps; I am attaching a period photo of our car and can supply others if you might like to have them for your records

Classic

The following is from Haartz's website:
BURBANK - A tightly woven cotton duck cloth made as an uncoated fabric for automotive soft trim. It was sold in various grades for top material, side-curtain material and for seat coverings. Offered as early as 1908, it was a particularly respected brand of top material during the 1920s. Usage diminished in the 1930s probably because automotive standards for waterproof materials exceeded the performance of Burbank. It was very expensive, too. The cloth was made in Great Britain and imported into the United States by Laidlaw & Co. of New York City. The name “Burbank” also applies to a linen-like embossing pattern used for some vinyls after 1975.

STAYFAST® is Haartz's material closest to BurBank.  Give Haartz a call and get their recommendation - 978.264.2600.  They are in Massachusetts.  They were also at Hershey last year.  They can also send you samples.
Gene Menne
CLC #474