News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 Cadillac ac brackets Blue or black?

Started by dale jackson, January 27, 2006, 03:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dale jackson

Hi,

Whats correct paint color on an set 1961 ac brackets that attach the compresor to engine.

I have an complete 1961 under hood ac system. I need restore it and sale on ebay since they dont work on my 1960 eldo.

Is black or blue paint on brackets that attach to engine.

On ac condenser that that goes on core support. I painted black.  The compressor I was going clean up and replace oil and repaint that part for car also.

I am trying clean up my parts and list on ebay since I dont need for my 1960 car.

If I paint brackets correct it will look good for ebay sale. I was going repaint gloss black but I need to check to see if I need paint caddillac blue not black.

Thanks dale

Jim Eccleston CLC 16079

The big iron brackets that bolt to the engine should be engine blue. The smaller flat brackets that actually connect the compressor to the big brqckets should be zinc dichromate (gold cadmium) plated. If you repaint the compressor, please mask off the inspectors stamp, since noone makes a repro sticker or stamp.

dale jackson

Wow, I did not know they made no repro stickers for gm a-5. I not started painting parts yet. I guess its wise mask off the red letters on compressor and try clean to rest of parts.

I wanted use that compesor on my 60 car but correct 60 pulley is an little smaller than the 1961 compessor.

How do you get that gold or metal look redone etc. I never seen paint that collor.  My hood hidges need replated on my 60 car aslong with some other parts I have for my 60 eldo.

I have serval sets of 61-64 hood hidges I need restore also at same time. Whats best to restore those gold or grey metal parts etc . I have checked eastfeild restore paint and supply company.

They sale lots cool stuff there. Those metal parts I need learn how replate since I need I cant pay an person to restore them.

All know I have so many extra parts I will never use to restore my 1960 eldo . I never planed going into restoring parts to sale. BuT I have to since my car needs so many parts etc. I need be able sale them decent money where I can  buy nos or repro parts for my 1960 car. My parts all over the place are driving me nuts and be overweling at times since there so much of it.

Let me know on replating metal parts. Thanks dale