News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Looking for early Hydramatic tools. Available? Any leads??

Started by Chris Short, January 28, 2006, 03:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Short

Hello,
     Im looking for a set of Hydra-Matic overhaul tools.  Can these tools be baught anywhere yet??  Or if anybody would know of somebody that has some of these tools for sale..  Any help is more than greatly appriciated!!!
Thanks,
Chris Short

Chris Short

Forgot to put CLC Number in post.
cs

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Hi, Jack Hoffmann in WI might lend you the tools. He is in the Directory.

Chris Short CLC 18814

Thanks for the info!!  I was looking to purchase a set of these but this would get me by at the moment..  Ill give him a call..  Thanks again.
Chris Short
55 Eldo convert.

Ed Mobley - CLC 19300

This is where I got my tools:  Toolzguy@aol.com  Hes in TN and specializes in Kent Moore tools.

Regards,

Ed

doug houston

I wonder if the guy has the tool for external band adjustments. Its good to have when a rebuilt transmission is first installed in a car.

Joe G 12138

There were some on Ebay last night. The internal front band adjusting gage went for $230!!! the external front band adjuster went for about $157 and the rear band gage went went for about $37. WOW!!!! If any tools are candidates for reproduction, these are the ones.

Doug Houston

The only tool Ive needed and used of those just mentioned is the external band adjusting tool. Its probably the most complicated one.

John Washburn

There are two versions of this tool made. One with the counter on the side (the early version), the second is simplier but works just as well. I have both.

Is there enough interest to have this reproduced? I can send pictures of the later model that would be less costly to reproduce.

John Washburn
CLC #1067