News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Senior Car?

Started by Tom Pirog, January 31, 2006, 09:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Pirog

I am in the process of purchasing a car from the estate of a CLC member who passed away in the fall of 2005.  His son is coordinating the sale and I can tell this is an emotional issue.  My question regards the status of the car with CLC.  The son implies it is a senior car yet our 2005 member listing deontes the former CLCr has a senior car, but not the one Im purchasing. Who do I contact regarding whether this is in fact a senior car?  I want to obtain the info and not create a confrontational issue with the family but know what I am buying. - Thanks

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Carl Steig has the information that you need. He is in the Directory. You will need to call him about 7:00 AM Pacific time to catch him, as he is involved in a house remodelling project. Or after 7:00 PM in the evening.

Lars Kneller 8246

All of the senior cars are listed in the directory also.

Lars Kneller 8246

The car should have its senior badge on it somewhere too.

Bill Edmunds - #5484

Many folks place the senior badge on the rear of the inside rearview mirror.  Check there first.  Also, a certificate would have been issue at the time the senior award was bestowed.  This would indicate the badge number and car to which it was issued (including VIN).  The recipient would likely have that as well.

Brian Daum, 18809

What is a senior car?

Richard Sills - CLC #936

Brian,

A car that wins first place in the Primary Class at a Grand National Meet is then advanced to the Senior Division, and is designated a Senior Car.  It receives a numbered badge and is permanently listed in the Club Directory.  

One purpose of designating first-place Primary winners as Senior cars thereafter is to provide a system of permanent recognition of cars that have achieved this level.  Another purpose is to make sure the same cars dont keep winning in the Primary class over and over -- in other words, the system makes room for new competitors in the Primary class.  The process is explained at pp. 48-49 of the 2005 International Membership Directory.

Richard