News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1931 12cyl

Started by David Instance, January 31, 2006, 04:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Instance

I have just bought in France a 1931 2 seater convertable with 2 rumble seats in excellent condition, unfortunately there is no history with the car - it was bought by the previous owner from somewhere in Switzerland.
It has a Fleetwood body and the numbers stencilled on the bulkhead read:

BODY 341
JOB 4735

Can anyone please help me, or point me in the right direction to find as much as possible!

Thanks!

Warren Rauch

A look at the clubs 2005 directory,page38. It confirms that job (body style) 4735 was a 2pass conv coupe with rumble seat and 362 cars were made . So body 341 would be near the end of production. What are you hoping to find out about the car?

David Instance

Quote from: Warren RauchA look at the clubs 2005 directory,page38. It confirms that job (body style) 4735 was a 2pass conv coupe with rumble seat and 362 cars were made . So body 341 would be near the end of production. What are you hoping to find out about the car?

Thanks Warren - very helpful - I have joined the Club but as yet have not received any literature.

I would like to find out where it started life - Original colour scheme - if it was sold direct to Europe or imported later - and if possible previous owners. In fact as much history of the car as I can - it drives beautifully!

Johan Boltendal # 158

Congratulations with your beautiful car.
On the CLC home page you will find  Authenticate your car
go get your self a build sheet, at least you will know how authentic your Cadillac still is and were it was shipped.
Hope to meet you one day some where in Europe. Johan

Roger A. Zimmermann #21015

Hi!
I know 2 cars which were in Switzerland. One was in a small museum; the second one was near Lucerne; his owner died some years ago. I dont remember the exact model year; anyway, there are not so much V12 in Switzerland. Could the previous owner tell you were he bought it?

Roger
Switzerland

David Instance

Quote from: Roger A. Zimmermann #21015Hi!
I know 2 cars which were in Switzerland. One was in a small museum; the second one was near Lucerne; his owner died some years ago. I dont remember the exact model year; anyway, there are not so much V12 in Switzerland. Could the previous owner tell you were he bought it?

Roger
Switzerland

Roger, thanks for the note - the previous owners wife tells me he bought the car from a small museum somewhere in Switzerland - he is not around and she does not know where it was - can you help? I am in Geneva once a month and could try to visit it.

David