News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Oil pressure line at block?

Started by Thomas Bredahl, January 31, 2006, 05:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Bredahl

Hi.

I am in the process of pulling the engine from my 49 fastback.
Have done all nessesary prep work exept for the oil pressure line from the guage to the engine block.
It attaches to the block at the base of the distributor, but i cant figure how to undo it?
Since I dont want to damage the line or its fixings ill ask here first.

Any help appreciated.

Thomas

John Washburn

Thomas,

Your 49 like mine has a pressure oil gauge. If you look closely you will notice that there are a couple of areas to unscrew the fitting from the block. So you want to loosen the fitting to the gauge first (you will need to hold the one to the block in position as you do this). The fitting to the gauge should come loose and be a slip fitting that allows you to take it off without bending the line. If the line starts to kink, you might want to clean the area with penterating oil to loosen it up.

If you do screw up the line a new copper one can be made.

Good Luck

Gotta love them 49s

John Washburn
CLC #1067

Thomas Bredahl

Thank you John, got the line off the engine today... finally.
The suggested penetrading fluid along with some more cleaning of the area solved my problem.

Regards

Thomas