News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

First Fruits-LeMans #1 & #2

Started by Charles D. Barnette #1465, February 01, 2006, 12:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles D. Barnette #1465

A ton of exciting, exhilerating research has been done on straightening out the individual stories of the 4 1953 Cadillac LeMans show cars in preparation for a book to be published in the future on the GM Motoramas written by my friend and now fellow CLC member David Temple. The first fruits however of that research will appear in an article(which is a precursor to the book) on LeMans body #1 and LeMans body #2 in the March 2006 issue of the magazine "Car Collector". This work could not have been done without input from members of our fabulous club, the resourceful data base of CLC, and our great message forum with freedom to communicate among our members and fellow Cadillac and LaSalle enthusiasts. We should never take our club for granted as there is nothing on the internet to rival it! My advise is to get your hands on the said LeMans article even if you have to beg, borrow, or commandeer, because the newly found revelations and pictures are going to blow your socks off! Charles D. Barnette

David Temple

Thanks for mentioning my article, Charles. Thanks to those in the club who answered questions about these show cars. Every piece of information was critical to solving the many puzzles about the four 1953 Cadillac Le Mans.

Charles D. Barnette #1465

Now that "The Dark Side of the Le Mans" in the March 2006 issue of Car Collector magazine has hit the streets, we can talk about it! Author David Temple superbly tells of the 1953 Cadillac Le Mans body # one being the Motorama car, the Harry Karl car, the Ohio car, and finally meeting its demise by fire in 1985 in California. He also writes of the mysterious Le Mans # two being owned by Harley Earl, painted black, being in the 53 Glidden tour in Ohio and Michigan, and then being in Oklahoma where it was involved indirectly in a kidnapping, a murder, executions, and lastly a fatal shotgun wound. Fasinating reading, and it is all true. Charles D. Barnette

Geoff Newcombe #4719

Too bad the story(ies) cant be published in the Self-Starter, or will they be?

David Temple

The article probably wont be published in the Self Starter, but perhaps I can write something for the club publication on other Cadillac show cars in the future. -- David Temple, #22317