News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1938 Horn Relay Boot

Started by Bill Gauch, February 03, 2006, 07:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gauch

I bought a new horn relay boot (original part no. 1427494) from Steele (part no. 70-0623-21) to replace the ultra-brittle one that I broke removing from the car. What I took off the car appeared to have 2 holes in it which accomadated the screws for the horn relay. My shop manual has the procedure to loosen the screws holding on the horn relay and slide it behind the relay making sure the screws go into the cutouts. The part from Steele has neither holes nor slots. Does anyone know if I should cut slots in this part or holes? Or should I do neither and just screw the screws through the rubber?

Doug Houston

Id say to jusat pierce the rubber and install the relay. I need to do that on both of my 38s.