News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

FWD 368 V-8 starter interchange

Started by Andrew 10638, February 10, 2006, 11:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew 10638

Recently I went to an auction of a mechanics shop where parts are purchased by the linear foot for less than $1.00 a foot.  You know, its like Christmas!

Anyway, I found a box with a new Reman starter labeled 81 Eldo, and its a NAPA Rayloc 246-4846 model.  In looking at Napa on-line, this starter fits only the Eldo for 1980 and 81.  I find it hard to believe it doesnt fit the Seville with a 368, but it doesnt, apparently.  Does anyone have interchange sata for what a 1981 Eldo 368 starter will fit?

I already know it wont fit my 68 Deville:(