News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

engine problem

Started by denise 20352, February 06, 2006, 05:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Dougher

I dont mean to diss your car... as a matter of fact, I looked the photos you posted over and it looks like a beautiful automobile, but I have to laugh at one memory...

When I was about 12, in the mid-70s, I remember being at a Chrysler-Plymouth dealer with my parents, who were buying a new Plymouth.  I remember my mom looking at the tuck and roll leather upholstery in a higher-line Chrysler and saying, "Yeeich, it looks like a coffin!"  

Rhino 21150

FWIW: I had a part drop through the carb into a 1975 Dodge van 360. I took the three carbs off and fished around with a magnet on a piece of #18 thermostat wire. Anything flexible but not too flexible will do. I found the part that way. The clack sounds like a loose part hitting the top of a valve and getting shot against the valve cover. If it has gotten stuck under something the magnet wont pull it loose. I dont know if your manifold is non-magnetic, mine was. Worth a try, perhaps. If that fixes the trouble then you can save up for the engine overhaul that your compression implies is inevetible.

Fred Garfield 22310

Curb feelers are a great idea for a large car -- cant have curb rash on those flawless chrome covers -- but not those tacky wire ones you often cant hear anyway. I like the electronic/infrared sensor type that doesnt project from the body panel and triggers a little beeper at the dashboard.

Ghetto cruisers rule!!! Besides, youve already got the sunroof top, so why not have the diamond in the back? If you get the 4 inch white walls, you can gangsta lean, you can wear purple sharkskin with white alligator shoes! Parts of town you previously avoided driving through, will now treat you with respect!

Brian Daum, 18809

Hey Densie..

I had one beer too many tonite and I actually wound up buying that Chrysler!!!!!  (I saw it first thru this forum)!!!

Now I`m a Cadillac/Chrysler fan too, well, we will see when it gets here, but it sure looks like a nice car!

Brian

Norway

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Brian,

That was a nice 4 second snipe, asnd a nice car too.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Porter 21919

Brian,

You scored a nice ride, good old Detroit Iron, big block engine, hideaway headlamps, a nice grille and a plush interior, congratulations.

By and large there is no big demand for the old full sized sedans, only connoisseurs of fine cars can appreciate them.

That car looks to be in fine shape, easily restored to show quality.

Porter

denise 20352

You will love it.  I can point you to Brad Hoggs Yahoo group for New Yorker Broughams, if you want.  He is totally dedicated to helping people with these cars.

-d

denise 20352

We dont really have those parts of town around here.  In Tucson, its more like hydraulics, low back ends, and purple and pink poly paint.  Geez, thats a lot of Ps.  Maybe a mural of Jesus.

Diamonds in the back, I might consider.  I dont care beenz about rear passengers anyway, and Im used to not being able to see out the sides.   And how bout that big blue bug guard for keeping the gravel from peppering my windscreen.

-d

denise 20352

As a hearse owner, I take that as the ultimate compliment, but I think it looks more like a *****house.  ;)

-d

Fred Garfield 22310

Congratulations on your new acquisition, Brian! Im glad one of us took executive action and brought that magnificent beast into the fold. Densies homeys can help you set up that hydraulic hop. ;-)

Fred Garfield 22310

Ooh, I didnt think of the gravel deflector/bug catcher. Great idea! Great one with matching tint for the maroon roof and gold No Pest Strips at the ends.

denise 20352

No pest strips?  Now thats FUNKY!

"wocka chuka wocka chuka wocka chuka wow"