News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

80 to 85 Seville engine swaps ?

Started by Stan, February 17, 2006, 10:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Anyone know what is the best engine that  can replace original 1980 to 1985 Sevilles?  I would like  to revive a 1984.  Thanks.

Mike #19861

Just what is the problem with the engine in the car? Can it be repaired?

Really, the only engine that is a bolt in is another HT4100, unless it is one of the few Diesels sold that year. All other swaps will require some modification and parts swapping. Also, remember that the climate control, cruise control and torque convertor clutch are tied in with the engine electronics, so mods will have to be made here as well.

But, having said that, people that have put in another style of engine prefer the Olds engines. They bolt up to the trans in the car and there are sizes available from the anemic 307 all the way to a 455. If I were going this route, I would use the low deck Olds engies, preferably a 350 or 403. These will not overly stress the transmission in the car and give a welcome power increase. You can use one of the Olds or Buick E cars from this era for a scource of parts.

Mike

brian rachlin

Go to http://www.ht4100.com, TARGET=_blank>www.ht4100.com,
Then click on message board.  There are probably 1000 different posts on engine swap/revival options.

Good luck,

Brian

jerry

i have a chance to buy a 1980 caddy bierrtz desiel 65000 kms can you tell me any thing about engine and about vehicle. car in mint conidition inside aqnd out