News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Leather Upholstery

Started by Gary Christensen CLC 21112, February 20, 2006, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Christensen CLC 21112

Someone before me reupholstered my 62 Eldorado seats with vinyl.  The good thing is that at least the style of the seats is correct.

I need to find someone to re-reupholster my seats and door panels in leather.  I know this will cost a bundle, see no alternative that I can live with, and am saving my spare change like crazy.

Also Im confused by the various ads I see in which leather seems to be sold separately from the upholstery work.  I assumed that whomever I entrusted my interior to would also have the source for the leather.  How does it work?

To whom should I turn for this job?  Im in CT.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

JIM CLC # 15000

02-20-06
Gary, Get in touch with JOHN PHILLIPS of Pinckney,MI 734-878-2533 OR email at (replace at with @ in email address. He has a 62 Eldorado for sale and indicates that he has newleather seats in it. You may be able to pick-hi-brain for the info you need.
Good luck, Jim

Gary Christensen CLC 21112

Jim,

Thanks for the lead.  You left out Johns email address...

Gary

Lars Kneller 8246

I have had http://www.autoupholsterykits.com TARGET=_blank>www.autoupholsterykits.com  make me leather covers for 2 of my cars.  I sent them the old covers and they made new ones.  I took them off and reinstalled them myself, which isnt too hard as long as you take lots of pictures and take your time.  An upholstery shop could do that for you too. I get lots of compliments on my new interiors.  Everyone thinks theyre original!