News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I `m dreamin`of retirement........

Started by Brian Daum, 18809, February 26, 2006, 08:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Daum, 18809

In a few years time I am dreaming of sitting outside of my mobile home in SW Florida drinking cheap beer, waiting for my Cadillac buddies to come over so we can do some work on our old Cadillacs and swap lies and have a barbeque...

Anyone want to join?

Brian

(Today NW blizzard and sick of snow)

Lou 19028

You better chain that trailer down and wear a helmet when the hurricanes hit in late summer :) Youll be wishin that you were sleigh riding up north HA HA ....

Mike #19861

Id be dreaming of the same thing. But, Ill be doing my sitting and beer drinking in Ontario where the winters are much harsher than Florida.

But, it defineatly sounds like a doable plan!

Mike

Rhino 21150

I "retired" to the sunny south when I was 21, only smart thing I ever did! Well, talking my dad out of his La Salle was pretty clever. The last snow we had here was two weeks ago. It snowed from 3AM until 7AM, and melted completely by 11:30. Yall can challenge me to a beer drinking contest (I cant drink any more) but Ill cream you on the lying contest!
Seriously, we have some cool old car shows every year that Cadillacs are so good at winning. Two years ago I went to an impromptu show and parked beside a FERRARI ENZO. The year before I parked next to a Maserati Ghibli. Woohoo! Yee Haw!

John #22631

Hey Brian,
You might be too young for the SW Florida crowd. You have to be 90 or older to live there, unless your north of Ft Myers.
Ill join you for the BBQ, that is if you let me. ;)
Ill bring the ribs, chicken, sauce and a Caddy, just as long as you bring that Chrysler so I can at least see it!!!
John

Brian Daum, 18809

Hi John,

I envision a 55pluss community (I`m getting there faster and faster) somewhere close to Ft.Myers or Naples where all of the members are old CLC members (not as old as 90..... well maybe some) where we have unlimited supply of tools, car lifts, engine hoists, cold refrigerators and good friends. And where our neighbors don`t nag if an old Caddy sits in the driveway a year or two.....

Of course you are welcome, John, we can sit in the shade of a tree, drink beer and laugh about the time they tried to scam us over an old Chrysler........

Brian
Norway

PS: My wife says I`ve been in the old people`s community all my life since I like Cadillacs????

Rhino 21150

Ill go you one better than the neighbors not minding the old Caddy. How about where you move in with an old Caddy and they bring you a cover as a housewarming gift? If youre gonna dream, dream BIG! It doesnt cost any more...

Johnny

Count me in.  I am already retired in the Tampa area!