News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

76 ELDO TRANSMISSION

Started by BOB DIEDRICH CLC 16618, February 26, 2006, 11:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOB DIEDRICH CLC 16618

CHECK THE SMALL PLASTIC BUSHINGS ON THE GEAR SELECTOR LEVERS. AS THEY GET OLD AND BRITTLE THEY CRACK AND SOMETIMES FALL OUT. THEY ARE NOT SUPPLYED BY GM ANY MORE BUT SOME ARE STILL AROUND IN PRIVATE HANDS. LOOK AT PAGE 7-77 OF YOUR CADILLAC SERVICE MANUAL FIG7-122 IT SHOWS THEM AS GROMMETS. IT TAKES THREE GROMMETS, 2#1601240 AND 1#1601438. THESE GROMMETS WILL ALSO GIVE A LOOSE FEELING TO THE GEAR SHIFT LEVER.

George Woodford clc21025

Bob,

Two of these grommets are essentially extinct.  There are three different grommets used.  One is still readily available.  The other two grommets, if found have deteriorated and are useless.  They look fine until you try to install them.

BOB DIEDERICH

GEORGE, I HAVE SOME. THE PART NUMBER I HAVE IS 1601438. IT IS THE ONE THAT FITS ON THE FRAME BRACKET CLOSEST TO THE MOTOR THAT THE RELAY LEVER GOES THRU. LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS THE ONE YOU NEED. THIS IS THE ONE THAT SEEMS TO BE THE MOST CRITICAL OF THEM. THE OTHERS I THINK WOULD BE EASIER TO FABRICATE.
GOOD LUCK BOB D.

denise 20352

If it will fit commercial chassis, I could also use one.  Im at dmcrack@cox.net.

thanks.

George Woodford clc21025

Thanks for your offer.  I have a couple of these for the part number you state.  Denise, pls grab a couple.  The one used near the top, close to the firewall is still available from the GM dealer; I recall the Part No. 22503153/563565 is correct. The Rod to Relay Lever grommet, Part No. 1601240 is discontinued and very difficult to find.