News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

whats up with these ebay cars?

Started by jim, February 27, 2006, 09:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Stamps 19507

You get a great deal.  For $6,000 they will ship the car from overseas shipping included.  Just send the money and wait two months to find no car.

Stampie

Fred Garfield 22310

I posted the same ebay link in the buy/sell forum yesterday under the title "Barnum was right." Ive watched these "persian sand eldo" scams pop up on ebay over and over.

John #22631

As the old sayings go...If it sounds too good to be true...A fool and his money...!!!

Getting caught up in the Ebay hype can get dangerous. Even with honest to goodness auctions there are still scammers out there watching every move. If you bid on an item and you are the second highest bidder at the close of the auction, the scammers are ready with fake Ebay confirmations saying you can still buy the item at your high bid.
This is the same type of deal Brian and I went through on that Chrysler. I almost got gotten!! And he got the car.

Before giving out any information to anybody, ALWAYS, check the MY MESSAGES folder on your account page. That is the only way you can be sure the message came from Ebay itself.
In this world you just cant be too sure.
John

Fred Garfield 22310

Another one of my favorites is, "Trust but verify." Whenever I do business on ebay, I assume the seller/buyer is a criminal until proven otherwise. And I act accordingly.

I almost got burned when I first started at ebay. I caught on just after winning the auction and refused to pay. I took a strike for that and it stayed on my "rap sheet" for about a month or so. Ebay will almost always favor the seller in such disputes, especially if hes high-volume. Most of ebays "safeguards" and "help center" resources are nothing but window dressing. And "Square Trade" is a joke. If youre street smart, ebays a great place to trade. But its not for the naive.

Brian Daum, 18809

I couldn`t agree more! Just recently a friend of mine was interested in a Cadillac Cdv in Arizona for sale on Ebay. It was hyped up with socalled low milage and supposed to be a great car. The pictures were great and everything looked fantastic. Fortunately my friend knew someone in the area that could inspect the car.

The car was nothing else than an piece of junk and a real attempt to fool someone !!

The car had areas that were hand painted with a brush, the engine blew blue smoke, there were tons of rust. None of the pictures showed how the car really was..........

If someone ever bought that car they certainly got fooled. And what can you do?

The more I think of it the more reluctant I become to ever buy a car anymore on Ebay, but I still keep doing it all the time............

Brian

Norway

Fred Garfield 22310

Another such listing appeared this morning -- a mint condition red 59 convertible for a buy-it-now of $5200. Before I could even send my fraud complaint to ebay, the listing got pulled and I got the "invalid item number" message.

I suspect there are even more foolish buyers than there are criminal sellers. Must be an astronomical number of them.