News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

89 De ville

Started by georgeUK, March 01, 2006, 12:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgeUK

Has anybody had experience of the 1989 De ville?
Are they  good cars or lemons?

Richard Sills - CLC #936

Good cars.  The 4.5 litre V-8 provided ample power as well as reliability.

George UK

David #19063

George,

I had a 88 SDV with the 4.5L.  The car ran very nice, had plenty of go for the era and got good gas mileage as well.

As with any 15+ year old car, best to get one in nice well maintained condition.

David

Bill Edmunds - #5484

Last summer I purchased a 1989 SDV with 120,000 miles on it and have since driven it 8,000 miles.  Its a comfortable car, has performed fine and gets 22-23 MPG on the highway.

Guy R Moore #12650

I have an 89 de Ville that I have had since 1989, it has been
one of the best Cadillacs I have ever owned, it has 120,000
miles on it now.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

My neighbors are still driving my 92 Sedan de Ville which is basically the same car as the 89 and it has been an excellent car for them (as it was for me for the first 65,000 miles).  I drove it a while back when it had 150,000 miles and it really felt almost like a new car with the shifts feeling even smoother than when I owned it (and the transmission has not been overhauled). They bought a very low mileage 99 SDV a couple of years ago, but Doyle still prefers the 92.

Craig Chally

George,

I had an 89 Sixty Special (basically the same car) and it was great.  Had 80,000 miles when I bought it and 180,000 when I sold it 5 years later.  Ran like a champ and took me everywhere and anywhere.  Kinda miss it still, really.

Craig

Dave

I bought a low mileage 89 coupe deville and I love it. I hope I can have many years of enjoyment with it. I had an 83 coupe deville which I would have kept but it had no power. The 89 feels like a race car compared to the 83!

Bill Burton #19057

I had an 88 SDV.  Virtually identical platform.  Best car I ever owned overall.  Great platform and engine.  I had the larger engine and it moved very well.  I wish I still had it, but thats impossible now.  I went "down" from a 97 T-Bird to it and never regretted it for a second.