News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Tire Assist Request

Started by Bill Bolen CLC 16085, March 02, 2006, 12:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bolen CLC 16085

My 92 Eagle conversion hearse is exteriorly stock.Interiorly it is customized for the riding comfort of my wife,Meg, who is the victim of spinal cord injury.

Its original tires(I believe), I wish to replace.Theyre Michlein P225 75R 15 XH M+S Radial. Theyre rated to carry 1840 lbs at 35psi..The coach , weighed by the N.J.State Police is 5350lbs.,empty.I would like to be safe with 6300-6600lbs loaded (passengers,dogs,luggage,etc.).

I MUST have a soft ride.People have suggested lite truck tires. I want a "passenger car" tread design. I cannot go to a 235, as the 225 occasionally rubs on a turn uphill, as into a driveway.

No manufacturer that Ive contacted makes a HEAVY LOAD tire any longer in a 15 in. size, other than the truck tread.

Suggestions will be appreciated.Thanx - Bill

Michael Stamps 19507

Hi Bill,
  That 1840 lbs rating is per tire so it comes out to 7360 in the perfect split weight per tire situation.  

Stampie

Bill Bolen 16085

Stampie- I realize that. Those are the tires I am trying to replace- without success!

Michael Stamps 19507

O Sorry ... I would suggest going to http://www.tirerack.com TARGET=_blank>www.tirerack.com and hit Tire by Size on the left hand.  Put in your size and all kinds will come up.  Most OEM models are not sold aftermarket but Ive found that most aftermarket are a lot better than OEM.

Stampie

Jeff Hansen, #4225

Bill,

If Stampies suggested Web site doesnt pan out, Id suggest contacting CLC member Herb Karow in Minnesota.  Herb is the Club Technician for tires and, I believe, is in the tire business.  If anybody can help, Herb can.

Good luck!
Jeff