News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

81 eldorado lights

Started by Joel Freeman, March 02, 2006, 02:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel Freeman

I have an 81 elodrado. The battery keeps loosing its charge because  the interior lights dont shut off when i close the doors. They dim
but do not totally shut off. There may be something on the same circuit shorting it out also but i am not sure. Any advice?

brian rachlin

You have a shorted "body" fuse.

Probably have a metalic object in one of your lighters...

I had the same thing happen to me years ago...

Good luck,

Brian

Mike #19861

Im sure you checked the obvious, like the swtich in the head lamp switch.

If your car has illuminated entry, there could be a couple of things to cause the problem. First, it could be a stuck switch in either door handle, or a defective module.

Make sure you check all the fuses, and look for the interior light fuse. Remove it and it should shut the lights out, at least until you can locate the problem.

Access to the shop manual will be of great help here in troubleshooting. As with any electrical problem, you need a logical approach to diagnosis. The manual is invaluable in helping here.

Mike