News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

McVey"s

Started by DJW #13918, March 05, 2006, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJW #13918

Has anyone tried connecting to McVeys website lately? A couple of my attempts have not allowed me to get in. I am using the address listed in the February Self Starter http://www.mcveys.com TARGET=_blank>www.mcveys.com which I would assume is current.
Thanks, Duane

Jerry

Gee I thought it was just me.  I tried to go to their website from 2 different computers.  The message said something about my IP being blocked.

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17963

This is very interesting. I am getting the same error which is not a mistake. It is a high security error, meaning our ISPs have been K-lined.  It could be that he has a firewall that is incorrectly setup, or that one or more of our ISPs have been targetted for some reason.  Normally, this is something that occurs when someone in charge tries to block an ISP and ends up blocking everyone on that shared ISP.  It is normally a mistake.
Has anyone called and asked?

Mike #19861

I just tried. I get the same message. I live in Canada, so its not a local thing.

Mike

dale jackson 20895

I have same problem and I cant log in there website.

Mcveys does have secord website on ebay stores etc On ebay. You still buy there stuff there . They where I been going.

dale

Dave MacGregor #189981

I cant get through either!  Says Im not authorized to access the site.  Wanted to look at suspension parts.

I have Comcast and live in NJ.

Dave

Paul Zanetti

Same deal from Australia...no connection!

John Serio

I tried and get the "Forbidden Message". My money is green elsewhere till they hire a new webmaster.
John

DJW#13918

Thanks for trying guys. I am such a computer idiot that no matter what I try to do, it doesnt work. These things are like dogs... they know when you are afraid and start bitting at your ankles when they sense weakness. At least I know it isnt me this time. Let me know if anyone makes the land line connection and finds out what is going on.

I have tried from several other systems.  In one instance the site is not recognized as a viable site, however the domain is still active under the McVeys name.

I will try to call tomorrow and let you all know what I find out.  Fortunately I can get the things I would normally get at McVeys from Ed Cholakian.  I hope....

More as I learn it.

denise 20352

You could try to email webmaster@mcveys.com.  I cant get on their website, but their email server is accepting connections from me.  Or (heaven forbid) call them?  hehe  I dont even like to call for a pizza anymore.

It looks like their webmaster has set up a list of forbidden IP addresses.  Maybe he set it up backwards and excluded everyone except the ones on the list.

HTTP Error 403.6
Forbidden: IP address rejected. This error is caused when the server has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the site, and the IP address you are using is in this list. Please contact the Web servers administrator if the problem persists.

Boy, will he get a surprise when he looks at the logs...oops...I just cost them $100,000 worth of business, with one mouse click.

-denise

Paul Zanetti

Heres a novel suggestion.....anyone thought of calling them?

Bill Gauch

I just sent an e-mail to the two contacts listed as the domain registration contacts. Theoretcailly, those should be "real" addresses. I will let you know if I get any replies.

Bill Gauch

Here is the reply I got from the technical contact. It doesnt look like it will be back anytime soon.

Bill Gauch.

------------------------------

The server that the site was on crashed a couple of weeks ago and
wiped out the drives. I am in contact with McVeys. I dont have an
answer to when it will be restored, but hope to have one soon.

Thank you,
Michael Smith

scott howard

You guys sure wasted enough time,why not call? With all the free long distance on cell & home phones it does not cost anything.  
I called today after reading all the commentary.  As was stated in the previous note, their IP server failed.  Boy is he in a heap of trouble! They are operating as normal 913-722-0707 I hope I can put that in there?  ask for your favorite employee, Craig has been MORE than helpful for me.  
Its not like they were the first to have a "glitch"!  Their web site will be up and running as soon as possible.         Scott #22304

Paul Zanetti

Gotta agree about Craig at McVeys!!!!

I am from Australia, and each time I call its like talking to an old friend....we talk forever and I forget that I am calling LONG DISTANCE from Down Under!!!!

Craig is not JUST an employee but an collector and passianate walking encyclopdia on 50s Cadillacs. He owns a 58 Biarritz and used to own a 59 Biarritz. He can recite the engine and chassis numbers...and the stuff he has accummulated from old Cadillac dealers closing down will boggle your mind!

He knows every sprogit and widget in these great dinosaurs.

Paul Z

denise

I hope they made backups.

Scott Howard #22304

Nope! There is only 1 Craig.  I dont think you could duplicate his knowledge in any one. You are absolutely correct Craig has a collection of Cadillac parts,memoribilia, and stuff that makes his basement look like a parts dept. in a small 1955-63 dealership.  Scott Howard #22304

Dave Leger CLC #19256

I remember the 1st time I called McVeys to order some parts for my 47 club coupe.  Craig made a point of telling me I needed to buy a copy of the movie Mildred Pierce.  Sure enough, the opening scene Joan Crawford is driving in the rain in a 1942 club coupe.  How many people would know that?   <grin>   The only down side is that several friends have now christened my coupe Mildred!

Dave

Oh yeah, I love using McVeys.  They have been very nice to me.  And generally their prices are good.  I need a front crest for the 56 and their price is much better than even old used ones. :)