News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need Help Looking for 59 Caddy Front Fender Lower side badge

Started by Frank Rainey, March 06, 2006, 03:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Rainey

I am looking for a source to purchase the Cadillac side fender badges that mount below the stainless side trim on my 1959 "62" series.  I would like a nice pair of NOS or repo.
Thanks,
Frank Rainey
frainey@mcleodusa.net
Ph# 248-634-7779

John #22631

Frank,
 Good luck!! I have been told they dont exist. I would like a set also. The holes are there but the badges arent. Even repros would look nice and better than the holes.
If you find them get 2 sets and Ill be happy to pay you for them. Ive been looking for 2 years!
 John

dale jackson 20895

I have two used I had saved and was going throw them ebay after I clean them etc. One rusted and paint on them. You always pay an recrome shop to recrome them etc if you wanted for them.

I will trade an even swap for an repro 1960 hood v or hood crest I need those for my eldo.

This week I going clean all hood v, truck crests, eblems, 59/60 sunvisors brackets for convertible, top handles winsheild frame for convertible , hubcab, headlights, eyebrows etc for the 1959 cadillac.

I was sale them and try get more money In paypal etc to buy an set repro top handles, maybe hood crest , hood v, eyebrow for 60, Top cylinders, top lines, moter, Or whatever I want for my brand new repro

I done sold maybe 900 bucks junk so far. I did spend 450 on brand new repro truck leters, front fender letters, seat buttons, door buttons, etc, Brand new kleirview washer bottle decal etc.

I been selling that guys collection Of used parts since 2003 and been paying for parts and supllies I need for my 1960 cadillac.

Let know If want trade etc before I toss them ebay since I dont need them on my 1960 cadillac.

Dale

Fred Garfield 22310

Frank, I see these 59 fender emblems at ebay motors every month or two. Heres a nice one that hammered at $48.99 on Feb 26 following 14 bids.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-CADILLAC-SIDE-BADGE-NICE-SERIES-62-DEVILLE_W0QQitemZ4614063170QQcategoryZ34204QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-CADILLAC-SIDE-BADGE-NICE-SERIES-62-DEVILLE_W0QQitemZ4614063170QQcateg

My sense is that they pop up about as often as the Vs, hood crests and script emblems. Theres really no reason the fender crests should be any more rare than these other embellishments.

Im assuming youve also tried Caddy Daddy and the other usual suspects.

dale jackson 20895

Thats was marc t set that onley one not two . Thats good price he sold his for.

So if spend the extra time On my two and clean up real good etc. I may get luckey and maybe get 100 bucks for set etc or more.

Last week I put repro 1959 thru 1962 inside door pulls. Those overseas guys bid 89 dollers for my set. I put them on 59 dollers etc. An guy in sweden paid me 105 dollers etc to have shiped for there. You can buy those door handles from usa part supply for like 63 bucks and cadillac internatiol 50 bucks or whatever.

My set I trying 59 bucks for them just like usa parts . It was my last set I had . I could  have sent an secord Offor who other guys bid 80 and 75 bucks. If I had 3 or 4 more sets etc . I could sold them all.

Those overseas guys are strange etc. They overpaid another guy 285 dolles for 59/60 carpart seal plates. Guy wanted 195 for them. Those can bought at 185 usa or coopers 170.

Why I dont know why overpay that bad for when buy them cheaper at the usa, mcveys, caddy daddy etc. cadillac internatiol.

Its make its hard for me buy parts I need when those peaple do that ebay. You see all cadillac money is paypal etc. I cant buy them without pulling money from paypal etc.

It got point etc I am looking at 1959/60 buick, olds, pointiac, chevy parts etc to buy parts on ebay. I learned an lot parts way cheaper and they same as cadillac in lot parts.

So i buy the cheap parts and retag and sale as cadillac on ebay. Like I said my 40 doller door handles sold 89 bucks as cadillac. I learned with cadillac name you pay triple or double on lot parts out there.

Example an chevy hood v 18 bucks /cadillac 100 to 130. Those parts are not same. Lenses 3 dollers/ cadillac 8 dollers.

It may good idea to save my money from paypal and buy as many cheap chevy , buick parts etc for cadillac and lots resale parts for ebey. I can doudle or triple my  money etc and keep geting free stuff for I need for 1960 eldo convertible like I been doing. At the rate they paying for parts etc. I may could get all my parts etc free for my car and make money at same time on part sales. I need to buy an interchange book to find about what parts are same etc On those 59 thru 60 gm cars.

I dont if those chevy guys know they reproducing cadillac parts at same time but they are.

Dale

Frank Rainey

Fred,
Thanks for the lead, I will follow up.  I have not checked with Caddy Daddy and other parts supliers, I thought someone may know the best place to purchase and save me some time looking.
Thanks,
Frank
CLC Member

Fred Garfield 22310

Its interesting to hear your perspective as an ebay parts seller. And good luck on your new strategy. I hope it works out for you. Keep me posted.

Yann Saunders, 12588

Hey Dale, stop giving away your great sales tactics.  Youre only doing yourself an injustice.  You shouldnt be telling potential parts buyers that you can make 200-300percent profit on their back. Just do it; dont boast about it. LOL.