News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Holden, GM down under

Started by Rhino 21150, March 07, 2006, 10:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

denise 20352

It has style, except that the wheels make it look like it came from the Barrio.  I like the round headlights, not Mongoloid like the AmeriJap cars.  With some decent tires and wheels, it might look pretty sharp.

-denise

Rhino 21150

Its a one off, not everybody will like it they way it is. On the other hand, I cant imagine owning a car that I didnt change SOMETHING on. If nothing more than a steering wheel cover.
When I got my FIRST car I painted it, redid the interior, added a stereo, got bigger wheels (Ever seen a Fiat 600D with 8" wide wheels?) and put a small chrome plated anchor in the engine bay in the back. I would drop it on the ground when I parked the car.
Oh yeah? and what did you do with your car when you were sixteen?

Paul Zanetti

These cars are being specially built for kangaroo-hunting in the outback. Not recommended for crocodile hunting, as crocs are too long to fit into the back seat. Although Bruce the Tassie Deville might want one, as you can fit a family of Tassie Devilles comfortably!

Regards from Down Under.

Paul Z

denise

> Oh yeah? and what did you do with your car when you were sixteen?

I lived in it.

Rhino 21150

I was a spoiled little kid living in Cherry Hell, er ,Hill, NJ. My Fiat was my second home, the stage at the high school was my third.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Paul,

Yep, could fit a brace of Devils in the Boot, but they would make mincemeat of the upholstery, and there would be blood and guts everywhere.   Then, nobody would want to travel in it.

If they decided to build the Efijy there would be a long line of buyers, even more than lined up for the Monaro.

Never owned an FJ, or even a 48-215, but would buy an Efijy, if I had the money to pay for the insurance.

Bruce,
The Tassie devil(le),
60 CDV

Mike #19861

I was lucky to just keep it running. It was a 66 Bel Air. But I did put the 283 from my dads old 66 Parisienne in place of the 250 six. And also installed the Parisienne interior.

Mike

Rhino 21150

If you modify that grill a bit and add some Dagmars you might have a right nice Caddy retro-replica. And a rumble seat that can be easily removed and replaced with some proper tailgating equipment.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Rhino,

The trouble with the EFIJY concept car is that when the car that they designed it from was sold from 1948 to 1956, as a 4 door sedan.   The only two door version was the Utility, and the Van.   Didnt even get a Station Wagon till 1957

The Factory decided that Australia will never get Coupes, and that went on till 1967, when they first introduced the original Monaro.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV