News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1939 Lasalle Luggage Rack

Started by 39dukester, March 08, 2006, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

39dukester

Does anyone have a picture or any info on Luggage Rack for 1937-1939 Lasalle or Cadillac. I recently bought one on ebay, it was advertised as a 1939 Lasalle luggage rack, even has the Lasalle logo on it. Im looking for any pictures or info on mounting it.

Bruce Berghoff - #1476

Dukester ... I saw that luggage rack on eBay and wondered what the seller had in mind when he advertised it as fitting a 37 - 39 ? If you have a copy of Ron Van Gelderen and Matt Larsons great book - LaSalle- Cadillacs Companion Car  take a look on pages 156, 161 and 171 and I think you will see your luggage rack on a 1933 Cadillac where it was listed as  Auxiliary Equipment. A similar rack is shown for 1931 as well as 1932 equipment. I think you were misled about as badly as the eBay seller from Quebec that got us both for $75 bucks freight on grille guard shipments that cost him less than half of that. Fortunately hes been cancelled and perhaps is thieving elsewhere ? Regards... Bruce

Rhino 21150

I thought the 37-39 La Salles had trunks. My 38 most certainly does. It even has a shelf built in. You should see the ugly indoor outdoor carpet someone glued to it! BTW, the shelf makes it near impossible to put the spare in the trunk. I dont have fender mounts. Caddy made them optional in the hopes they would go away as a style element.

John Tozer # 7946

Duke,

I have some photos of the trunk rack on a 1936 Cadillac that is the same for 1937 (at least) if you want. There are some very detailed ones of the cast folding brackets that fit between the ends of the chassis rails and the sprung steel fixings to the rear bumper.

I will send them to you in a few days when I get back from an interstate trip.

Regards,

John Tozer