News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1958 air ride

Started by rex crews #18304, March 13, 2006, 07:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rex crews #18304

I am desperately seeking a usable air ride compressor for my 1958 Buick Limited.  I am fairlly sure that the compressor is the same for the 58 Cadillac.  At least it looks the same as the compressor in my 58 Fleetwood.  My Buick is still on working air suspension, and I am trying to save it.  If any club member can help me with a working compressor or can connect me to a rebuild source, I would appreciate it.  I believe I could repair mine if I had the necessary gaskets and other parts as I have several parts compressors but none of them work.  Please contact me via my email address:  rexcrews@bellsouth.net  Thanks so much!

Rex Crews

boomosby

i am having the same questions, i have a 58 fleetwood that i just bought and want to rebuild as much as i can and keeep the factory loook!
bambale osby

boomosby

say man, i just found out ab this site. maybe they can help us both out on this endeavor

http://www.mastermindinc.net/Air%20Suspension.htm
bambale osby

Otto Skorzeny

Hi you guys,

Mastermind used to be a source for these but no one is making repro air bags any more so you will have to find good used ones (nearly impossible) or convert to standard shocks.

Click on the link in my signature for a long list of vintage Cadillac parts suppliers.

You may also use the search function above to find other threads on this topic discussing the unavailability of the airbags. Firestone or Goodyear (I forget who) was making new ones until recently but not any more.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

rwchatham

Hello, I have a compressor that was supposedly working when removed, no guarantee because I did not see it on the car but it does pump when turned by hand, if you have an interest rwchathamemail addresses not permitted