News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac

Started by Chad Oolman, March 15, 2006, 11:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Oolman

I recently became the proud owner of a very special 1941 Cadillac, a Eureka bodied carved panel hearse.  I have been verbally told that it is one of only two carved panel hearses produced by Eureka in 1941.  It is completely original, aside from some minor paint touch ups and the addition of an electric fuel pump.  I am the 3rd owner, always having been owned by a funeral home.  I have posted pictures of this unique car on our website.

http://www.oolman.com TARGET=_blank>www.oolman.com

Any information, sources for factory literature, etc. would be appreciated.  I hope to one day be albe to show this car at a CLC event, but I first have to learn how to drive a manual transmission!

Harry Scott

Thats a beauty. There was a 41 on the show circut several years ago. Im not sure of the builder but it had carved sides and was painted a two tone blue/gray. Seems the owner was from the midwest. Ill have to look around and see if I can find some info, or maybe someone elses memory is better than mine.

Matt Mersereau

Absolutely amazing! It looks to be in better condition than most ten-year-old hearses Ive seen.

I must admit, I was more than mildly amused by the sentence "It is an amazing survivor." in your description of the coach. I dont imagine that term is used much in your profession.

I assume theres an extra charge if a client requests this coach for the "final ride". If not there should be; I know Id be willing to pay more for it.

Chad Oolman

Thanks for the comments.  I do know of one or two other 41 Carved sides, but only one other built by Eureka, that one is in Canada and is very similar to mine.  Eureka coaches were considered the best until they closed in 1964.

We are willing to use this coach, or our 58 Cadillac hearse, if a family requests it.  No extra charge, I actually get a thrill out of using one of the classics, as long as the weather permits it.  And it certainly is an attention getter.  A great PR tool at car shows, etc.

Although I have only had the 41 for a few weeks, everyone who has seen it is curious.  Certainly not your typical old car.

JIM CLC # 15000

03-16-06
CHAD, Learning to drive a manual shift will be a peice of cake. Just ask any farmer in the area to show you how its done.
Good Luck, Jim