News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

49 2/dr drivers door window removal

Started by joe varble, March 21, 2006, 12:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe varble

can or would anyone tell me the way to take out the drivers side door window ?
i have removed the inner door panel and window frame, it looks like i need to remove the vent window frame, i have removed all (i think)of the screws that hold the frame in and it will not move and i leary of prying to much as ive already got one broken glass.
i also looked in detroit irons pages, they tell how to remove the windshield and back glass but nothing on the door glass.

any help would really be appreciated.
tks
joe

P W Allen CLC#20193

Joe,

Yes, you need to move the Vent Window Frame. Did you remove the bolt that secures the the Vent Window to the crank mechanism? This is a slot and tang affair with one bolt going through it. Even with the bolt removed, it can be really jammed in there. Good luck!

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

joe

Paul
thanks for the info, i will give it a shot tonite, i do rember seeing an odd nut and screw deal down a little futher than the crank handle?
thanks again, will let you know the outcome.
joe

Paul W Allen

Joe,

I sent you an Email with a few photos that my help you.

Paul