News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

"SPECIAL CADILLAC"???

Started by JIM CLC # 15000, April 04, 2006, 01:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM CLC # 15000

04-03-06
To all owners/lovers of USED, ABUSED and MISUSED Cadillacs & La Salles.
Yesterday (Sunday 04-02-06) A Cadillac (late model) parked next to me and on the front fender in front of the drivers door was "SPORTS EDITION" with the "O" in sports being a GOLF-BALL.
What do you folks think. Sales were off, or just a bored dealer/Sales Manager!
Good Luck, Jim

Johnny #662

Quote from: JIM CLC # 1500004-03-06
Yesterday (Sunday 04-02-06) A Cadillac (late model) parked next to me and on the front fender in front of the drivers door was "SPORTS EDITION" with the "O" in sports being a GOLF-BALL.
Good Luck, Jim

Obviously it worked as someone did buy it.  Remember the old adage about selling cars as was told to me 30 years ago by a Cadillac manager  "Theres *******for every seat".

Johnny #662

Quote from: Johnny #662
Quote from: JIM CLC # 1500004-03-06
Good Luck, Jim

I might also add, that I think we all think of our own Cadillacs as being special.  Myself I had a Crest painted on the trunk of my 85, with my first name inside.

art woody

I have seen a particular Buick dealer in a larger city near mine, sponsoring golf tournaments for years, and supplied as many as 50 "special" Buicks with  markings commemorating the event for celebs and participants etc, to use while in town. These were sold off afterwards with sort of demo discounts. Maybe this is the same gimmick, special only to the local area it was sold.

Rhino 21150

There is a Ford dealer in Kernersville, NC, that sold a "special" Mustang, the "Ciener Edition". He had "custom" "Ciener Edition" cheesy plastic badges stuck to them. He had several non-factory trick up items added in his dealership. He offered "special" financing (probably 1 point less than statutory usury), "special wheels" (aftermarket) and "special pricing" (list plus 10percent no doubt). It was all advertising hype, and it sold Mustangs galore.